Friday, February 12, 2010

10 Happy little spotted fish

My T. dubosi are happily swimming with the T. Orange Bemba and together they look so awesome. I have overcome the problem with the dubosi eating too much Veggie Flakes by feeding them the Spectrum first and since it is put through a grinder most of the OB don't go for it, then add the Veggie Flakes without crushing them so the bigger Bemba get to attack the flakes and the smaller dubosi only get the smaller bits. Hopefully, this will mean that the dubosi won't suffer the "100% guaranteed bloat" that my nervous breeder warned me about.

Private breeders are a strange creature...they are so devoted to their fish but are just like sports people who get convinced that they have a lucky sock or need to turn round 3 times before a game :)
I am not convinced that I also need to wear that lucky sock in order to have happy, healthy fish. They can also be very cavalier with those creatures that are not their pride and joy (obsession) and give them a much more relaxed care and slightly less devoted attention. Funny how these creatures often do just as well/better than their doted upon loves.
I think if I start going down the rabid breeder path I might need to get my partner a large mallet so I can be brought back to reality quickly and painfully (fyi-for use on me not the fish) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment