Friday, February 12, 2010

Settling In

All my new fish have settled in well and I even opened up the bottom tank so all the fish could mix. This has been very successful with plenty of room for all the fish as there are 29 cichlids and 4 BN in the lower 5' tank.
The 6 little Maingano's in the inside tank are also well settled in though I need to look at moving some of the Rusty's to another tank or selling them as they are beginning to outnumber the other species and the 2 biggest males are constantly aggressive to each other which results in their mouths looking a bit off.
Today I noticed my female Cobalt is holding (yay) and she wasn't a couple of days ago so in 4 weeks I should have some different babies in the tank for a change. I hope they all turn out as beautiful as their father who is almost an Ice White Cobalt in normal light (his pix though show him as a normal coloured one) and as stunning as they come.
Outside it looks as though my Northern Blue lady has finally dropped the babies as she is hiding out in the rocks but has lost her mumps jawline. She isn't coming out yet so she must be keeping an eye on her babies but should show up in a few days and I should start seeing the babies in about a fortnight or so I hope.
There should be a few babies roaming around the big tank outside but with all the rocks I have in there they are safe from prying eyes such as mine as the rusty girl dropped her first set as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment