Friday, February 12, 2010

Rusty Holding

Looked in the 4 foot tank today and watched the fish swimming for a while. I noticed that the Rusty is doing the whole dislocated jaw thing again so she is obviously holding again- yay :D and she is only a bit bigger than she was when I got her- she has a very protectful male Rusty doing the "clear the tank" thing as though she were about to explode- she is much more collected about it, with Easter being her first success I cannot wait to see how many make the second batch grade. Little Easter is hanging out with the Loaches and the Bristlenoses as being the safe ones to hang out with in the tank. A bit longer and I think we will see her out in the open, swimming with everyone else.
Looks like one of the Northern Blue has decided the Rusty's shouldn't be the only ones to get into the groove, he has been digging out his nest under the slate and chasing all the other fish away except the Yoyo (they are invisible to Cichlids lol). Not to be outdone Yellowhead is staking his claim on one of his females and trying desperately to get her to "come and see his penthouse" at Penthouse Rock.
The 5 foot tank is also in the running for an oscar in most males wanting a partner with Big Blue, Jewel Boy, V Stripe and Yellowhead Jnr. all vying for a girl. The only males in the tank not caring about females atm is the E. Yellow male swimming around doing his "hey, don't look at me- I don't want ANYTHING except a camera for my good side." that he gets whenever I lift my camera up to take photos. You would think I had 20 identical E. Yellows with him posing in as many shots as he can. I have had to delete about 10 shots of his face sticking in the camera going "LOOK AT ME"...

Surprise of surprises I actually saw one of the Khuli's last night- it flew up to the top of the water then shot back to under the treasure chest pod- total visiblility of 2 seconds- possibly a record viewing for our lot of 4. The only thing I can say about the one I saw was "gotten bigger". Who knows with them, there may be 300 of them there for all we know. So much for my partner picking a funky looking

No comments:

Post a Comment