Friday, February 12, 2010

The Plec's are Getting Bigger

The 4' tank had four of the plecos out today and I noticed that one of the Marbled Bristlenose is double his original size, the other Marbled is 75% bigger as well. When I look in the small tank with the Albino Bristlenose I can see that they are bigger but nowhere near the size of the marbles. The small Pakistani Loach is a tiny bit smaller than the larger one (he used to be nearly half the size). Even the Rusties are catching up to the other cichlids in the tank. I am beginning to get MONSTER fish :D . Boy am I glad that I got the other tank now because in another week we are going to have to start moving some of the fish to it. This of course means we have to start putting rocks and stuff in the tank for them so starting this weekend we are going to have to decide on a design for the 5' tank. I would really like to plant up the tank with live plants but I am going to need some pretty tough plants for that. I am going to have to research on cichlid-proofing the plantscape methinks. I also want an awesome piece of rock as the centrepiece for the tank plus a funky piece of driftwood for the plec's going in there.
Another sign that the 5 footer is going to be in use sooner than expected is the bio-load on the filter is taking its toll with us having to clean two of the sponge filters every 3-4 days rather than 1 every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment