Friday, February 12, 2010

Another Day Another Purchase...or two

Off we went again to our LFS and bought Metriaclima callainos (Cobalts) x4 and 4 more Clown Loaches to keep our other one company since he showed up again looking morose.
Almost got some Rusty's and some Pseudotropheus saulosi but ran out of cash darn it. Back tomorrow to pick them up. Partner wants more catfish...sigh...so many fish not enough tanks.
I have to say that there is nothing wrong with the appetites of the Cichlids we have- in fact they are pigs with fins! Dropped some blackworms in to the tank and they never hit the bottom. I also noticed that the LFS appeared to feed their fish on chokos. I am going to get a range of stuff from the veggie shop and try them on things- I know cucumber is popular with all my other fish but I have heard that zucchini, carrot, lettuce, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, peas, beans and even apples or bananas can be eaten by fish. I think these guys eat better than us :) Add to that some chicken and prawns and I want what they are having...I wish I could convince my kids to eat that well...

No comments:

Post a Comment