Friday, February 12, 2010

New Tank

Today I went and picked up an awesome 2nd hand tank from the LFS!!
It is a metal stand with a 5 foot tank on top and a divided 5 foot tank on the lower section. I also picked up an Eheim Classic 2217 and two heaters- one for each end of the tank. Normally I wouldn't bother with two heaters but this tank is going outside to the patio and so will need some extra heating in winter. I am not worried about the lower tank atm as this is going to be for later expansion :)
My other half is convinced that this new tank will be filled to overflowing in a couple of months but as the only thing left on my desire list is a few maingano's I think that is unlikely...unless, of course the LFS suddenly gets new fish in ;p or I decide on some Oscars again or something else like that crops up.

The Rusty was holding but I can't find her atm so she may be hiding so she can release her brood or she has dropped them. The LFS confirmed there had been some females holding from the tank and I obviously got one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment