Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Getting Old...More Babies...

Okay, I know lately all I seem to do is report on YET more babies but at least this time it isn't Rusty's or Salousi's or Cobalts.
This time it is babies in the lower outside aggro tank of Tropheus's etc.
Seen this morning the following:
1 x baby Hongi
1 x baby Auratus (soo cute)
1 x baby Tropheus Orange Bemba (can't be dubosi as it isn't spotted)!!!

Not sure how to get a pic of them as they are in the lower tank which is high on reflections off all the other surfaces but I will try to do so when I work it out.

Might I add again that large piles of cheap river rocks are excellent for keeping babies safe as the crevices they make are fantastic for babies to hide in.

The only negative lately has been a few deaths, some of my older Rusty's have died as well as a few others which has saddened me. I have not yet worked out what is killing them but most are coming from my big indoor tank. I had a Red Forest Jewel in there that had been ailing from other more aggressive fish in the outdoor tank so I brought it inside and this may have brought in something. I will probably add some salt to the water in case it is a salt sensitive pathogen and see how I go. If that does not work I may have to add a little general treatment chem to the tank.

UPDATE
I managed to count 24 babies in the inside tank. At least 3 of the females in the inside tank are currently holding so it is going to get pretty cramped in the inside tank very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment