Friday, February 12, 2010

Oops

Well...I was doing water changes yesterday on the inside tanks...I filled the little 30L tank and then went off to do other stuff. Hours later I returned to see the tank was only half full...the venturi on the pump had been lower than the water level and it had set up a siphon effect so 15L of water all over the floor. I was lucky that I keep the power off the floor or I might have fried them and myself.
Lesson to be learnt... make sure your venturi inlet is higher than your water level.

We lost one of the little Gouramis to a swim bladder disorder and had to flush her to fishy heaven. My son wanted to feed her to the Axo but I suggested it wasn't a good idea saying we would have to cut her into bits as she was too big for the Axo's mouth. Also, I wonder if I am just too soft, as I was grossed out that I should feed one dead pet to another live one... I may have to watch him though as he suggested anytime we don't want a fish to put it in the tank for the Axo to eat... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment