Friday, February 12, 2010

Good News Bad News

Good news is that all cichlids are happily co-existing together so far and that my other half with my help finally caught the gouramis and put them in the smaller tank- only took us half an hour of chasing them around with hands and the net and a plastic container to achieve this.
Bad news is that a few days ago we lost two of the clown loaches and today I cannot see the other one. I think he was pining away for the other two. He perked up a bit when we put the cichlids in but wouldn't eat when I fed everyone- not a good sign. I expect we will find his body soon :(
The E. Yellows seem to nearly always move as a team. They cluster up and swim together around the tank, then break up for a bit and then cluster up for the next patrol round. It takes them about 3 mins to complete the patrol.
The BN seem more than capable of dealing with all the cichlids, they just flare up when one comes close to inspect them and the other fish goes "oh okay, NOT going too close to that one" and off they wander to look at something else.

Really tempted to add the Rusty Cichlids to the tank for some more colour as all the females in the tank are really drab by comparison. Maybe some more research is needed and I should just get males of one species.

No comments:

Post a Comment